UPRECO Quick Facts
- Founded in 1897 as a Bible school in 1891 by Presbyterian missionaries. Became a school for preachers in 1962, accredited as a seminary in 1976, became a university in 1988 with the formation of the school of law.
- Location: Ndesha, near Kananga, a large city in central Congo (DRC). Ndesha is about 10 kilometers from Kananga, a province capitol of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Number of students (2007-2008 school year): 180
- 100 men, 80 women
- 60 students in Theology
- 120 students in Law
- Number of faculty:
- 11 full-time professors (Theology)
- 36 part-time lecturers (Theology)
- 5 full-time assistant professors (Law)
Stacks at the UPRECO library, 2005
Another view of the administration building